Thursday, September 6, 2012

three

This coming Sunday my marriage turns 3.  I would say that like a 3 year old, my marriage is still growing, learning, and sometimes talks incoherently.  Bubba and I have yet to fine tune our marriage. We still have issues with communication and we're still learning to live with each other's quirks.  I'll be the first to admit that my marriage isn't  perfect.  But our biggest strength lies not only in our love for each other, but our ability to admit that we're wrong.  I am not one to broadcast my love for the public to see (i.e. writing a HUGE Facebook post about how much I love my Bubba when he's sitting right next to me),  so I'm not going to get mushy on here.  This anniversary is extra special because of our little Charley. Plus, Sunday will be the first time since Charley's birth that Bubba and I will get to have a nice, sit down dinner ALONE.


The modern gift for the third wedding anniversary is crystal or glass.  Here is what Bubba got me:


It's a set of his and her drinking glasses from Twist. And what did I get him?  Well, I couldn't think of anything glass or crystal that he needed, wanted or was masculine enough, so I bought him a bottle of wine.  Hey, the bottle is made of glass.   I asked a coworker for some recommendations and dropped into Vinopolis during my lunch break.  I know what you guys are thinking, if our anniversary isn't until Sunday, why did we exchange gifts already? Well...let's just say we are gift deficient.  I can never wait the day of (Christmas, birthday, anniversary, Valentine's) to open anything and Bubba can easily be persuaded by my whining. Ha! We are a perfect pair, just like those glasses.


No comments: