Sunday, September 2, 2012

hello. my name is...

When I started my very first blog, I was in my early twenties. I blogged about my life, the happenings of a confused twenty something. I think one particular post was about leaves (wow! just wow!). Unlike the bloggers whom I read, I did not put my name or face out there. Heck, I don't even think my family knew I was blogging. I enjoyed it nonetheless. Blogging gave me the chance to put a lot in writing, express myself in ways I couldn't verbally.  I even made friends through the blog. But...as with everything in life, things get in the way and I stopped blogging. I would pick it up every once in awhile, start a new blog, but found there was no purpose for writing. Fast forward some years and and voila, I'm 34!

friend of mine recently turned 39. She treated herself to what she deemed "f*ck forties" pin ups (of course, she doesn't look anywhere near 40).  It made me realize I'm not that much younger than her and 40 will be here before I know it.  So I'm refreshing once again and blogging about the next 6 years.  I have big plans before 40 hits.  I"m going to make 40 my bitch. :)

No comments: